Year in Review – 2013
Dated: April 10, 2014
As PACCPNW marks a three year anniversary this year, we celebrate many accomplishments and reflect on past challenges. The year 2013 was filled with many activities facilitating cooperation within local, national and international networks. It was also focused on building operational capacities and increasing value to the members. To this end, the organization adopted a long term membership plan and created new interest groups for Young Professionals, Women’s Network and Small Businesses.
The goal moving forward is to increase the membership reach and deliver high value to our members. Participation and input by all members is extremely valuable in achieving this aim and enhancing opportunities for promoting business connections between Poland and the Pacific Northwest.
In addition to our regular meetings and programs, we are looking to stage business development and networking events in the coming months. We’ll also continue participating in a national and international network of trade organizations, while strengthening our internal operational capacity.
My sincere appreciation to our Board Officers and Advisors for their leadership and dedicated work on behalf of the Chamber in 2013 and to all our members for all you do for the organization and community.
Teresa Indelak Davis
2013: A Year in Review
- January – Translated the TDA brochure into Polish language for the TDA website
- March – Participated at a Spring Polish Bazaar, produced new marketing flyers and presentation
- April – Attended 2nd Polish American Business Workshop in Chicago, a collaboration initiative with Polish American Chambers network in the US and Poland
- May – Conducted International Marketing Webinar for members
- June – Meet with Polish Delegation from International Visitors Program at World’s Affairs Council
- June – Organized Member Networking event at Wine Tea Chocolate with a guest speaker from Washington State Department of Commerce
- July – Hosted VIP’s and helped organize Polish Festival at Seattle Center
- August – Attended joint meeting with EDC and City of Lacey to discuss mutual opportunities
- September – Hosted a reception for City Mayors, a delegation from Poland lead by Camas Sister City Association
- November – Attended a Seminar “What Nonprofit Directors Need to Know: Legal Responsibilities and Best Practices”
- December – Holiday Dinner celebration
- Ongoing Communications and Memberships:
- Blogs and updates on www.paccpnw.org website
- Activated LinkedIn group discussion
- Continued social media presence on Facebook and Twitter
- Member of: World Trade Center Seattle and Trade Development Alliance of Seattle